Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Man U vs Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Cox View Post
    Great game between two evenly matched sides! Pity Aldershot Town didn't use their opportunities more wisely!
    What??? Aldershot is 3rd Division. It's like sending up the Blue Bulls to play an u/15 side. I am a Man United fan, but I am sorry to say, but it seems the wheels are starting to fall off.

They are playing terrible football and it's not a joy to watch them. And goodness a 6-1 beating against Man City???? Isn't it supposed to be the other way round?

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    It's like sending up the Blue Bulls to play an u/15 side.
    Not so sure that's the best example in the world.

if you had said Sharks, or even Stormers vs an u/15 side then maybe, but I reckon Bulls vs u/15 is round about the same as Man U vs Aldershot - both even matches!

if i had to pay to watch one of those matches, i reckon i'd probably hold onto my money and wait till Aldershot play the U/15 rugby side!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by Umhlangarox View Post
    Kev that's what I love about you Newcastle fans, you are SO damn passionate
    They also know their stats!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Not so sure that's the best example in the world.

if you had said Sharks, or even Stormers vs an u/15 side then maybe, but I reckon Bulls vs u/15 is round about the same as Man U vs Aldershot - both even matches!

if i had to pay to watch one of those matches, i reckon i'd probably hold onto my money and wait till Aldershot play the U/15 rugby side!
    Oh, yes I made a terrible mistake. I should have said it's like the Stormers against an U/15 Blind Rugby Team.

The only difference is that the U/15 blind team would probably lead 30-10 at Half Time.

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    What??? Aldershot is 3rd Division. It's like sending up the Blue Bulls to play an u/15 side. I am a Man United fan, but I am sorry to say, but it seems the wheels are starting to fall off.

They are playing terrible football and it's not a joy to watch them. And goodness a 6-1 beating against Man City???? Isn't it supposed to be the other way round?
    I think Aldershot (my Dad at some stage was in the Army camp there) would have comfortably beaten Man U last weekend. And then the Army dudes would have been on hand to arrest Rooney's potato-faced family afterwards for theft of Army truck hubcaps and public defecation in the streets
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    I think Aldershot (my Dad at some stage was in the Army camp there) would have comfortably beaten Man U last weekend. And then the Army dudes would have been on hand to arrest Rooney's potato-faced family afterwards for theft of Army truck hubcaps and public defecation in the streets
    Waaahahahaha! One cannot dispute Mr Williams' commentary when it comes to football!

What really pees me off is the fact that the big 4 always get coverage in SA- probably because the 'big 4' are also the most popular teams in SA- kind of like being an ANC voter- you know its going to be an upset if you lose.

Resultantly, and once again, NUFC v Blackburn doesn't get shown tonight or at all on mediocre sport.

Likewise, I had to miss watching Demba Ba getting his hat trick a month or so ago because SS don't deem it fit to even show a highlights package of the game.

While I'm ranting- how can they justify showing USPGA golf 'live' when you go onto their own score tracker on ch 200 and see that the game is in fact being shown about 2 - 3 hours delayed? Irritating!

Guess tonight will be Liverpool v stoke then- going to be an enertaining game hopefully!

Oh and Matt- 1 point from the big 3 games? Writing us off again ey? I like it!
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Kev, Newcastle v Wigan is being shown tomorrow: 09:50 - 11:40 on SS3

Alternatively, get yourself DSTV HD with PVR. Every single premiership game is shown on there in HD (on a dedicated premier league HD channel), although admittedly some are delayed, but it just means you can come fishing more often!

I agrtee! I need pvr! I watched Newcastle Wigan live (yes most are shown-lol) where Cabaye finally scored a blinder! Been a long time coming! Best was that it came from an assist by Mervaux- almost his first touch!

Are we fishing Sat?
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Hell yes we are! Travis is in too - I'll bring the braai!

Lekker! Nothing like fresh trout on the coals!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast