Thread: William Joseph Packs and Vests

Default William Joseph Packs and Vests

Hi All

We have a very limited responce to these products, does that mean that few people are intrested in them?

Regards

I had one a while back, they are good packs....I now fish with a fishpond pack which suits me fine.

I had a Chest Pack vest, I did not like it as I could see past the pack when looking down (I have that issue now with my belly...)

However, there are obviously many types of WJ Vests, they are of the finest quality and I could reccommend them to anyone.
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Here is my take.

- For wading I travel light, everything I need gets packed into my Simms guide vest.

- When I hunt largies from a boat everything is stored on the boat using a 20cm x 10cm x 10cm mini tackle bag. My cooler is slightly bigger but small enough to fit underneath the onboard seat. That's all I want and need for the day.

- When I fish dams I use the same mini tackle bag on the Prowler which has huge cargo pockets to store whatever else plus it has a lot of space at the back of the seat too for nets,boots,etc.

Backpacks? Camelbak has a few nice ones which sometimes include a 3l bladder depending on the model at a very good price tag. Cool for hiking long distances.

Bags for storage? Mr Price sells great value for money "tok bags" which is large enough to store all my reels, tools,gloves,vests,caps,shoes,glasses,etc.Which leaves what? I might consider the product (bigger bags) for overseas traveling purposes but then shops like Packwells comes into play.

Is your product well made i.e durable, many features? Yes looks like it. Price? I think it might be on the expensive side.

Your limited response might be because of the same or similar as above.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 01-09-11 at 12:01 PM.

The no-zip thing is an issue for me. I prefer zips.
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Mike, I think the factors that determine the interest in the packs are the following:

- Price
    - Looks & features
    - Needs (Are people in the market for a pack currently, iow)
    - Marketing

If I take myself, personally, I "was" in the market for a new pack, but I specifically wanted the Patagonia pack, which is now unfortunetely discontinued. I think everyone on here already has a pack of some sort, which they may not be entirely happy with but the economy the way it is, it's more a "nice to have" than a "need" at this stage. So price is definitely a factor for most. (Plus the guys on here are stingy bastards...they love a sale so slap an "On Sale" sticker on the ad and THEN see the interest...hehe)

To me, I have an old Adventure Hardware pack, and a FishPond pack that I got many years ago, and while I would have bought the Patagonia pack, I won't buy one of these as I simply just don't need it at this stage. That money I'd rather sink into more tying materials at this stage.
    Last edited by Michael; 01-09-11 at 09:09 AM.

The problem with these and Fishpond is that next year you can get them at less than half the price when the chinese make them, or Xplorer or Airflo buy them from the same factory.
    WJ dont bother enforcing 'copyright' as there policy is that by the time they are available from 'China' they have a new style anyway.
    Vlad the impaler (of fish)

Quote Originally Posted by Podmakivai View Post
    The problem with these and Fishpond is that next year you can get them at less than half the price when the chinese make them, or Xplorer or Airflo buy them from the same factory.
    WJ dont bother enforcing 'copyright' as there policy is that by the time they are available from 'China' they have a new style anyway.
    nice engrish Pod!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    nice engrish Pod!!
    got lessons at streamx
    Vlad the impaler (of fish)

If i could actually physically see one it would help me buying but we dont have the opportunity here.They are great looking and the zipless is a bonus for me as I find there is less to create tangles etc while casting.Price might be a factor too but if i like something alot i am willing to spend a bit more.maybe even just advertise them with a dummy or something.Will also give us a better idea of size and fit.