Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clearwater yellowfish

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvd View Post
    That front got us here aswell. If I were you I would drive a bit further up and fish the Kraai closer to the Sterkspruit, my experience is that there are some huge trout in big numbers there this time of year. It should be looking like the pic bellow. If time is an issue, KMS is always a safe bet. Lucky you
    I might actually take a drive up to XXXXXXX dam at the top of the little town of XXXXXX near Aliwal. Some really big smallmouth in there. Visibility to rival that of Sterkfontein. It's only an hour from my house as well.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I might actually take a drive up to XXXXXXX dam at the top of the little town of XXXXXX near Aliwal. Some really big smallmouth in there. Visibility to rival that of Sterkfontein. It's only an hour from my house as well.
    Jy begin al weer met jou nonsense!!! Hoekom het jy my nie na die plek toe gevat toe ek laas by jou was nie? Nou twee jaar in die lyn af hoor ek van die plek??? Ek skryf jou agter in my swartboekie op, klaar....

Mario, will the yellows be in the KMS upstream from the gorge yet, or is that only deep in summer?

Anyway, it's only 35km from the bridge over the KMS to the Kraai.

Quote Originally Posted by Circus View Post
    Mario, will the yellows be in the KMS upstream from the gorge yet, or is that only deep in summer?

Judging from the catch records at the places on the KMS above the gorge that I've been too it's only from around the middle of November till March, but some warm/cold weather here or there could definitely change that.
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by Circus View Post

General the KMS stays cold year round, too cold for MAJOR shoals of yellows to come up. I have found a few in years gone by, but nothing so much as to go target them.

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    Judging from the catch records at the places on the KMS above the gorge that I've been too it's only from around the middle of November till March, but some warm/cold weather here or there could definitely change that.
    Spot on - in lower and warmer flow you get them coming up in larger numbers. Generally however, they don't get up too far, and not in large numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Jy begin al weer met jou nonsense!!! Hoekom het jy my nie na die plek toe gevat toe ek laas by jou was nie? Nou twee jaar in die lyn af hoor ek van die plek??? Ek skryf jou agter in my swartboekie op, klaar....
    Dis 'n trip wat mens maak as mens tyd het Koos - julle stads outjies is mos alles 180kph - vinnig soontoe, vang gou, vinnig terug En, mens sit mos nie al jou kaarte one-time op die tafel nie Mens hou so paar Aces en Jokers in jou mou mos.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Dis 'n trip wat mens maak as mens tyd het Koos - julle stads outjies is mos alles 180kph - vinnig soontoe, vang gou, vinnig terug En, mens sit mos nie al jou kaarte one-time op die tafel nie Mens hou so paar Aces en Jokers in jou mou mos.
    Okay ek sal tyd maak....
    Onthou my tog dat as ek jou sien dat ek jou vertel hoe speel Muis en Olifant Snooker
    Aces & Jokers in jou mou??? Nee wag my Snooker trick is better as jou Poker Game...

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    Nee wag my Snooker trick is better as jou Poker Game...
    Al verskil is ek speel nie Poker met Monopoly geld nie

Kom ons kyk as sussie eers gebore is, dan maak ons plan vir December 2012 - lekker lang termyn beplanning
    Mario Geldenhuys

Nice CLEARwater Smallmouth to spark this topic again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques O Dell View Post
    Nice CLEARwater Smallmouth to spark this topic again...
    Stop being so secretive Jacques.

Where, when and on what ?
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Another beautiful YELLOWfish.

DSC04857b.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast