Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Email to Oord Nebo - 10/03/2011

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Hi Marko

Welcome to the Forum.

Please note that they are within their rights to keep and cook two yellows of more than 30cm. More than that you need to have a chat to them.
    And if there are 5 in their group that means 10 SM, over 30cm. You could never proove who caught which fish, and the ABUSERS are actaually using this " Loophole". Put 10 people on or next to the water with a rod in hand, and they count as fisherman, irrespective of the fact that they can actually cast any line. = 20 SM's taken to kook and or sell.

Small Mouth Yellows only. Any LM has to be returned immediately.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Personally i think that is insane. It is exactly because of this idiocy that we have so many endangered fish. Start with the freakin rules around 200 fish taken per day by 100 fisherman. Is pollution really the main problem?
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    And if there are 5 in their group that means 10 SM, over 30cm. You could never proove who caught which fish, and the ABUSERS are actaually using this " Loophole". Put 10 people on or next to the water with a rod in hand, and they count as fisherman, irrespective of the fact that they can actually cast any line. = 20 SM's taken to kook and or sell.

Small Mouth Yellows only. Any LM has to be returned immediately.
    I see on their website it clearly states there is a R2000.00 fine for any yellowfish not released!! Maybe they should just elaborate on this when people get there! Very few people that fish know they can keep 2 yellows over 30cm.
    “What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly fisher calls a great hatch.” ~ Patrick F.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I see on their website it clearly states there is a R2000.00 fine for any yellowfish not released!! Maybe they should just elaborate on this when people get there! Very few people that fish know they can keep 2 yellows over 30cm.
    Any PRIVATE venue owners may impose rules over and above those legislated.
    It is after all THEIR land.
    Other examples of this are :
    ELGRO, flyfishing only , strictly catch & release
    Eendekuil, as above
    Donaldson Dam, ( Westonarea , Carp & Bass venue ). No keep nets allowed, strictly C & R .

The venue owners decide on the rules, however they may not exceed the catch limits imposed by legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Any PRIVATE venue owners may impose rules over and above those legislated.
    It is after all THEIR land.
    Other examples of this are :
    ELGRO, flyfishing only , strictly catch & release
    Eendekuil, as above
    Donaldson Dam, ( Westonarea , Carp & Bass venue ). No keep nets allowed, strictly C & R .

The venue owners decide on the rules, however they may not exceed the catch limits imposed by legislation.
    Ill be willing to pay more for a venue that is well run like ELGRO etc, you know what you pay for! I dont want to see yellows being put in a keepnet, makes me die m&^r in! Saw a guy at BJ a while ago fishing with bait in the rapids, discuised with a fly reel on a 6ft bass rod!

He caught two very nice fish, when he unhooked them he grabbed them IN the gills and chucked them back. No net nothing!
    “What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly fisher calls a great hatch.” ~ Patrick F.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Ill be willing to pay more for a venue that is well run like ELGRO etc, you know what you pay for! I dont want to see yellows being put in a keepnet, makes me die m&^r in! Saw a guy at BJ a while ago fishing with bait in the rapids, discuised with a fly reel on a 6ft bass rod!

He caught two very nice fish, when he unhooked them he grabbed them IN the gills and chucked them back. No net nothing!
    At least he returned them. Education, education, education. We have to enlighten the povo.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6