Thread: Knysna Lagoon a toilet

Default Knysna Lagoon a toilet

Over the last few months a section of the Knysna Lagoon, Ashmead channel, had effluent from the sewege farm contaminate this section.
    There is a serious smell as the tide pushes in and as the prawn banks start to sink below the water leve,l the paper that was lying on the banks starts to float.

There has been numerous articles regarding this problem. Apparently it has been solved, but there still remains all the damage floating around.

I have written a letter to the municipality, as I wish to see some activity from someone to start cleaning up the area.

One should be carefull not to enter this area, as the remains is still visible and I think it will take a while before nuture can fix it.....
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"

Work in Zambia... live in Notties, KZN Midlands.

I don't know if they still cultivate oysters in the lagoon... Had some at 34degree (?) a month ago and have never been that sick in my life.
    Wont be eating knysna oysters ever again if they do !
    "Ex Africa simper aliquid novi" - Pliny the Elder

Sad state of affairs :-(
    Jacques

Calling fishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job. ~Paul Schullery

One of the reasons I do not ff Swartkops on my doorstep (20 minutes away), sicknesses for sure.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

JC, I remember the sortie when everyone was so sick of the Knynsa Oysters. Then a rumour went around that they came from P.E. But who knows, I don't indulge in them to much

I get mine on low tide out of the sea - 'au natural'

I just hope the will clean it up and make sure it doesn't happen again.
    " Not tonight baby! I gotta fly"