Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Olifants River Catchment Area

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    So sorry - won't happen again ..... NOT
    You should try attend the K-dawgs next etiquette masterclass
    I hear the training material is quite flexible

-----

Seriously though thats tragic to hear Brandon! when crocs start taking the brunt then you know just how stuffed a system is.
    Its rather heart breaking what we are doing to our watercourses.

As a sad illustration of this I drove through Irene the other day and crossed a little stream that looked quite fishable.
    When I had a propper look at the pools they were covered in soo much white foam/froth that it looked like a bubble bath.
    Now you cant tell me that thats due to any natural processes, or that its not visible
    Last edited by markdej; 13-10-11 at 11:50 AM.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Shamwari View Post
    Eish...LOL....
    Meant someone will probably post here again ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    You should try attend the K-dawgs next etiquette masterclass
    I hear the training material is quite flexible

-----

Seriously though thats tragic to hear Brandon! when crocs start taking the brunt then you know just how stuffed a system is.
    Its rather heart breaking what we are doing to our watercourses.

As a sad illustration of this I drove through Irene the other day and crossed a little stream that looked quite fishable.
    When I had a propper look at the pools they were covered in soo much white foam/froth that it looked like a bubble bath.
    Now you cant tell me that thats due to any natural processes, or that its not visible
    Thanks MarK,
    The pathology suggests that the lungs and throat were badly infected (effect of H2S gas?) on the croc! There have even been Hippo's that have died....
    That little stream is most definitely affected by sewerage, unless there is a waterfall somewhere creating the foam......but doubt that be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Thanks MarK,
    The pathology suggests that the lungs and throat were badly infected (effect of H2S gas?) on the croc! There have even been Hippo's that have died....
    That little stream is most definitely affected by sewerage, unless there is a waterfall somewhere creating the foam......but doubt that be the case.
    Thats horrific!! Hydrogen Sulphide is horrendously nasty stuff! So its basically a raw sewer

No waterfall near the place I saw in Irene. The foam was like little icebergs or cumulous clouds drifting in clumps that looked about 30cm high.
    I was actually quite bewildered when I first saw it.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2