Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Number 1 casting instructor in SA

I'm probably being a bit doff here, but what are you actually asking? Are you asking for help from the best casting instructor in SA, or are you asking who is the best casting instructor in SA? You say you have been fishing for 16 years.
    So, if I said Tim Rolsten has been the best technical casting instructor I have met. Are you going to fly him to your area to teach you? Or is it about who is the best in the west?
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Rols, i am asking who is the best in SA. And no i wont fly him here, the plan would have been to fly there and make a short holiday of it. It seems however that Mark Yelland will be the guy i will contact as Jowies is convenient. I got his number and rates so the decision is already made. Just need to find some time next week and hoping he has some.

I will let you guys know by next week how it went.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Dankie, my confused mind again
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    Rols, i am asking who is the best in SA. And no i wont fly him here, the plan would have been to fly there and make a short holiday of it. It seems however that Mark Yelland will be the guy i will contact as Jowies is convenient. I got his number and rates so the decision is already made. Just need to find some time next week and hoping he has some.

I will let you guys know by next week how it went.
    Werner let me know when you guys are planning to cast, if i have the time i will join, i have been wanting to see Mark for a while now.

Maak so Andre, dit sal volgende week sometime wees as Mark beskikbaar is.
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Just an update, popped round to Mark again. Sorted my tailing loops and double hauls in less than an hour. Then spent some time chatting about dealing with wind, roll casting etc. Great guy, to the point. Had fun too!

I still haven't got around to go do that thing. Hoping for early Jan. Work is crazy. I need a new rod, reel and line as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by wernerm View Post
    I still haven't got around to go do that thing. Hoping for early Jan. Work is crazy. I need a new rod, reel and line as well though.
    your casting seemed fine to me at eastco 3 weeks ago???
    Frederick

"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking, how come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Billy Connolly

"The harder you try, the luckier you get" - Gary Player.

"If your mind can conceive it; and your heart can believe it - then you can achieve it." - Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    Frederick, there is short line and a bit extra on the Vaal.
    Then there is longer line casting where accuracy and drift is important.
    THEN IN WINTER there is the loong cast to feeding fish.

The Moral is learn to cast if you wish to catch fish.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by FCLoretz View Post
    Accuracy and all is fine when casting half a line, but I'm still having trouble casting out a full line. Problem is distance.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast