Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Vaal pollution - safe to wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Werner, Boet, you have to actually get INTO the water to stand a risk.

That makes you and Tyronne perfectly safe.
    Good chirp Herman

Yes I agree, now that i have re-surfaced so to speak I plan on hitting the water like a screen door in a tornado!!!! I'm a little far away with my closest access to the Vaal at Potch, but if you guys are willing we can meet up there say twice a month?

*** willing I will be meeting up with OMR next weekend, but we won't be getting into the water at Footloose, I just hope I can keep him away from the pub long enough to (re-)teach me how to cast
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Default Wader??

Hi guys

Just want to find out if it will be safe for my girlfriend to wade in the vaal without waders? Just a bit scared about infection, with the female anatomy? Do you think it will be a problem or should she rather use waders?

Thanks guys!
    “What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly fisher calls a great hatch.” ~ Patrick F.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Hi guys

Just want to find out if it will be safe for my girlfriend to wade in the vaal without waders? Just a bit scared about infection, with the female anatomy? Do you think it will be a problem or should she rather use waders?

Thanks guys!
    ......hahahaha, I'm sorry that is just really funny! On a serious note; it should be ok for her to wade Pat Garrit style (without waders). Their....hahaha thingy is exposed a little more than ours but the water should be ok for them. Like us they will still have to have a good soak when they get home.......hahaha....I'm really trying to be serious. You made my day!

Hi guys

Thanks guys!
    Let her wet wade and then INSIST on doing a thorough inspection afterwards

ANYTHING for her health and wellbeing...

Enjoy!

Thanks gents! Glad I made your day Stones. Rather safe than sorry hey!! Well if you see a hot blond wading in a bikini on the Vaal in the next 3 weekends its my girl. Hahahaha!
    “What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly fisher calls a great hatch.” ~ Patrick F.

Thanks gents! Glad I made your day Stones. Rather safe than sorry hey!! Well if you see a hot blond wading in a bikini on the Vaal in the next 3 weekends its my girl. Hahahaha!
    Frank, I'm going to say this once more, and then I'll let it be ... the fact that a thread like this exists is more than enough for you to be careful.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Frank, I'm going to say this once more, and then I'll let it be ... the fact that a thread like this exists is more than enough for you to be careful.
    You just convinced me to buy her a wader!

Just remember not to handle any fish please. So many deseases going round..

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Just remember not to handle any fish please. So many deseases going round..
    Hehehehehe, that's why there's Sun Gloves.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Guys I just have to say this, after reading this the next time I see a hot blond on the Vaal I am only gonna think of one thing.... Nooit ouens, nie reg nie
    Fishing is just my thing. I don't know what it is but it seems that i just can't get enough of it.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5