Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The fly shop closing down sale

I can confirm what Mario is saying. There are NO prices on the stock in the shop, so they can pretty much take you for a ride if they want to, and I'm quite sure they do. Stealth breathable waders (not zipped front) selling for R1000. StreamX are selling them at R999. Not sure if I'm comparing apples with apples, but the ones they had there were definitely not R2000 standard retail.

I got half wells grips for R12.50 each though, which I thought was a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by MichielvanRooy View Post
    Is there any Gloomis rods for sale?
    Pretty sure I saw one, not sure what the specs were though. Think it was on the heavier side. Just make sure you know what the actual price is before committing to anything.

Blue tennis grips are a no no.

Quote Originally Posted by lacustris View Post
    "The Fly Shop are having a Clearance Sale with all stock going at retail less 50 %..."

R950.00 was retail less 50%?
    Why are they closing down?
    Because they sell retail less 50%
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

National consumer act states all prices need to be visible. Thus, they are not doing things the correct way.. Sounds dodge to me... My 5cents
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Why isn't your 5 cents 2.5 cents?

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    I would advise anyone that they buy rather carefully ... I just got a pair of Stealth Deluxe Felt wading boots on "special" for R950.00. That means the boots in their pre-50% off state would have been R1900.00. I HIGHLY doubt this is the RRP for these boots. Might just have been taken for a nice long ride, but let this serve as a warning to some perhaps.

Their website shows this: http://www.flyshops.co.za/shop/index...productId=1277 (R1180) so means sale price should have been R590.

Deluxe RUBBER boot selling for R1160 FULL RETAIL somewhere else ...

OUCH!
    Pretty sure you have some legal recourse here.
    The Consumer Protection Act should give you a leg to stand. Phone them and tell them to give your money back
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Pretty sure you have some legal recourse here.
    The Consumer Protection Act should give you a leg to stand. Phone them and tell them to give your money back
    See, the thing is ... the 50% off on all was posted here, buy someone not officially linked to the Fly Shop ...
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Eeek, didn't the page where you checked out your order show a discount?
    Daryl Human

The solution to any problem -- work, love, money, whatever -- is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Eeek, didn't the page where you checked out your order show a discount?
    I had someone pick up a pair of boots for me ... don't think they are doing web orders at all.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast