Page 104 of 437 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 4368

Thread: WC Streams report back

we had sb6 today and i must admit, the water is very low, we hav'nt fished the beat for about 2 months, therefore our surprise. Morne got 3 and I got 1......If you ask Morne , He'll say the fished hooked itself....and if you ask me....I'll say I was doing the 1001...100...STRIKE thing, oh lookee there...a, fish.
    We can gladly say that we had no hassles on the beat, ITO weirdos. We did however have a lovely troop of hikers go by......damn sorry we let them go bye. One guy and three "10's"...I think they asked us how the fishing went.....I hope someone answered them, as a trout rose to my tongue, dragging downstream
    Lekka day, cloudy and cool and temp at 8am was 18 degrees.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    .....If you ask Morne , He'll say the fished hooked itself....and if you ask me....I'll say I was doing the 1001...100...STRIKE thing, oh lookee there...a, fish.

Cheers
    Dont forget, on a "borrowed fly, tied to a borrowed leader attached to a borrowed rod. That shouldn't count The fish though it was me.
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Dont forget, on a "borrowed fly, tied to a borrowed leader attached to a borrowed rod. That shouldn't count The fish though it was me.
    oops, nearly forgot about that, but what a friggin nice fly that was, I tried to cut it off and stick it in my flybox, but old eagle eyes was watching
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

Maddy and I fished Elandspad 4 yesterday. Met up with Rols, Morne and some others at the parking lot which was pretty cool, and then hiked up to the cave which was not as cool.

The fishing was good right from the start and the fish were their usual suicidal self up there. Most fish were caught on dry flies and the fish were not fussy at all - anything that landed near a fish was hit.

We think we got 70-80 fish but it was just impossible to count. Maddy would fish and catch a fish, then i would take over and i would catch a fish straight away, and so it went on. I cursed him a couple of times for not letting me have enough time to dry my fly properly, but in the end it didn't really matter.

Maddy got a nice fish at the head of a pool where he actually casted over a tree into the current, and somehow managed to land it under the tree - freekin impressive stuff!
    Here's a shot of his fish:

I got a real beaut in a deep pool near the top of the beat. I cast out a Jig nymph/bugger thing and let the fly sink, and as it was sinking the line dinked and i took up the slack into a real slab! Had a nice battle with it for a minute or so and eventually netted this 18 inch beauty:

This fish was caught in the same pool that John Brink caught a 16 incher about a year ago so I wonder if it's possibly the same fish.

Here's one more pic of a fish that Maddy caught earlier in the day:

Shot Bra - Had a great day out there - we must do it again!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Nice report grant!

Thanks for sharing.... Beat 4 is certainly worth the effort. Although that walk in & out in summer is a real killer.
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

very very nicely done Guys. Feel like a bit of a ham reporting on our day and that Morne only got 3 fish......silly boy I got1

Ja but it is different up there - there are so many fish that i think they take anything going past. Really fun fishing! Maddy actually had two fish on at one stage but if I hadn't been stuffing around with my rod we could have netted both of them!

You guys should definitely go visit up there - it is well worth it!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Thanks for the advice Andre. Will have to visit the shop mentioned in the CPS newsletter...

Grant, sounds like you and Maddy had an awesome time. Anyone with experience on those upper beats willing to take a learner like me?

Nice fish you got there Grant...absolute bus! Yes, always plenty of fish up there. Fishing two guys breaks the rythme a bit. On a day like Maddy and Grant had, a solitary angler will release more than a 100 fish.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Nice, very very nice!!!!

I love EP4!!!!!!!

Just a pity you need a helicopter to get there!!!
    Regards Bossi

Page 104 of 437 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 154 204 ... LastLast