Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast

Thread: LM Trip to Chrisvd's private waters.

Quote Originally Posted by schloshd1 View Post
    When you do, please kill it before it breeds. Bloody Gilroy's Spiced baitfish . . .
    BWWWAAAHHHHAAA, probably turn out to be THE fly of the trip.

There again so could Barend's " Herminator " which I will take with, even if it's just for a "chuckle " around the fire.
    Last edited by Herman Jooste; 03-08-11 at 08:29 PM.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

When you do, please kill it before it breeds. Bloody Gilroy's Spiced baitfish . . .
    This fly is so woes, Schlossie suggested i use a 69lbs monofilament leader. my flybox lid has this constant bump... bump.... It may be alive!!!
    Et1

To fish is human,
    to throw back is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Spare rod , no name brand 7#.
    Admit it Herman, you bought a Sage
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

There again so could Barend's " Herminator " which I will take with, even if it's just for a "chuckle " around the fire.
    Ahhh Herman; what memories you bring back of 2 months back when I did that fly; then had the session with Murray and NOW... as we speak I am doing 3 or so more flies before hitting the sack; if we must compare the flies I am putting out NOW vs. that 'THING'... amazing testimonial as a before / after for Murray

Take it with, LM-BASS will love it.

OK, back to the vice for another beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Admit it Herman, you bought a Sage
    How you wish ......

I bought the rod on an auction on this site ) from Barend.

It is a " Fly Dynamics " Slipstream, 8' 6", 4 piece 6/7# with a WOODEN reelseat rod.

Has anyone heard of this brand before ?????????????????

( Maybe I could get a "refund" in kind from Barend if it"s a k@k rod. )

Herman, "if it"s a k@k rod" then I will gladly demonstrate to the group the different FF ROD failure mechanisms after we're done with the PONCHOS

I just turned out 4 flies; must be some record I think; even did an all natural almost pure white fly [was working towards a baitfish picture I have printed - have some on the walls whilst tying these baitfish flies]... I have heard a story again recently, from a not so long time ago (only a few years), when NOTHING worked and a white baitfish type fly was tied on in desperation and suddenly it was as if a secret was unlocked... then I also recalled a recent post stating the same, hook-up and dropped fish on a white fly... Hmmm

I still want to do some weird combos with zonker and brushes before the trip... but time is few with toddlers around

Herman, that "baitfish" is so badly tied that only way you would be able to attach the tippet to it would be to tie it to the bend of the hook.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Herman, that "baitfish" is so badly tied that only way you would be able to attach the tippet to it would be to tie it to the bend of the hook.
    Ha ha ha hahahaha!!! Or wrap your tippet round the fly and apply 1 x superglue..
    Fly fishing, fly tying & rod building.....

http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=2531

Retreating baitfish ?????????? Hmmmmm, maybe you've got something there

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post
    Chris, will we have cell reception at all the locations? If so, all networks?

Just wanna know whether the family will be able to reach us in the event of any emergency; or maybe worse, SHOULD WE NEED TO REACH CVILIZATION FOR HELP

Will I have 3G to upload pics of all my monster largies ?
    We will have cell reception most of the time. 3G unfortunately is a rumour arround these parts. You will have to wait till you pass through Bloem for that.

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... LastLast