Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Migration to Dropshot

pretty sure you could cast a 500g mullet with a 14 :P finally bought an Xi2 this week Andre... and i must say i now understand how and why people spend that much money on a fly rod. it casts a full line (Rio inter) with a average size popper on... incredible. My exploder is in my boot sulking
    "If you dont have almost unlimited patience, forget about becoming an accomplished saltwater fly angler" Jack Samson

Quote Originally Posted by petercoetzee View Post
    pretty sure you could cast a 500g mullet with a 14 :P finally bought an Xi2 this week Andre... and i must say i now understand how and why people spend that much money on a fly rod. it casts a full line (Rio inter) with a average size popper on... incredible. My exploder is in my boot sulking
    Heh heh...you wanna try the new Xi-3. makes the 2 feel like a tractor dragging a deep plough through concrete......
    Just kidding, nice rod.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

14 wt Sage......... nice, but for a gent like Ed Herbst or a small kid...... totally impractical.

I also don't want to catch a smallish fish on a 14wt rod... I would rather watch paint dry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4